CHI Partners with Health Pass by CLEAR for Vaccine Verification - Updated September 9, 2021
CHI has instituted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all in-person participants across all of our events. We have partnered with Health Pass by CLEAR to provide easy proof of COVID vaccination for safe, fast entry into our events. Trust and transparency are top priorities for CHI and for CLEAR, and with Health Pass, users are always in control of their health information. Click here to download and enroll.
For everyone’s safety, attendees who are not able to provide proof of vaccination will not be allowed into the event. We encourage these participants to join using our highly praised virtual event platform instead.
Sign up for Health Pass by CLEAR to provide proof of vaccination
Please download CLEAR and create your account before you arrive on site for the event. Health Pass is part of the free version of the CLEAR app. Your account never expires, and can be used at all CHI events in the US or wherever CLEAR is accepted.
New to CLEAR? Enroll in 4 easy steps:
1. Click here on your mobile device to download the CLEAR App.
2. Follow the prompts to create your account. You’ll use CLEAR to snap a photo of your driver’s license and a mask-free selfie to verify your identity.
3. Click to add your COVID-19 vaccination. You’ll use CLEAR to scan your CDC vaccination card (not a copy or a photo).
4. Complete your Health Pass – a green pass is good to go! Your Health Pass is valid for 12 hours, and can be generated again as needed.
Already have a CLEAR account?
1. Open the CLEAR App on your mobile device and select “Health Pass” on the home screen.
2. Within the “Your Pass” tile at the top, click the blue “Change” link to add the event venue.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the list and select “All other locations”
4. Enter Organization Code “CII” and follow the prompts.
1. Make sure you have a valid ID and a copy of your CDC vaccination card with you. We hope you won’t need it, but we’d rather you have it, just in case.
2. Before you enter the venue, confirm you have an active Health Pass in CLEAR. Open the CLEAR app and click the “Your Pass” tile at the top. You may need to take a new mask-free selfie to generate your pass.
3. Follow the signage to the Conference Vaccination Check-In
4. Show conference staff your green pass and you’ll receive a conference wristband to wear throughout the event to show you are CLEAR to enter the conference space.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Health Pass by CLEAR?
Health Pass is a free service on the CLEAR app that connects your verified identity with your health information to provide a safer, easier way back to the places and people you love. The digital vaccine card you create will sync with Health Pass for easier access to venues accepting COVID-19 vaccinations for entry.
Who can use Health Pass?
Currently, anyone 18 or older with a US state ID, driver’s license, US or international passport (excluding OFAC countries), or permanent resident ID is eligible for a CLEAR membership and to use Health Pass. Health Pass is a free service, but you must enroll in CLEAR to use it.
I clicked the link to download Clear on my laptop and entered my phone number. What should I do next?
In the “Create your Health Pass” tile at the top of the landing page, click “Get Started”. Scroll to the bottom of the list and select “All other locations”, then enter Organization Code “CII”. Now you should be able to follow steps 2-4 on the “New to CLEAR” checklist.
Why can’t I find Cambridge Innovation Institute or my event under “Conferences” when I search locations?
We are listed under “All other locations” (the last option on the locations list). Please select this option, then enter code “CII”.
Why does CLEAR keep asking me to take a selfie?
Your selfie is used to verify your identity. This ensures that no one else can use your CLEAR app or your vaccine data to generate a Health Pass. That verification is good for 12 hours. If you need to show your Health Pass again after that 12-hour window, CLEAR will ask you for another selfie to ensure you’re still you.
I already have a photo of my vaccine card on my phone. How do I add that to my Health Pass?
Clear requires a new photo of your vaccine card. It will not allow you to access your phone’s camera, and may not recognize a photocopy, so please make sure you have the original card with you when you set up your account. You do NOT, however, need to bring the original card with to the event. A photo or a photocopy will work as your backup.
I got an error when I tried to upload my vaccine card. What did I do wrong?
Please check to make sure you are scanning your original card, not a copy. Next, check to make sure you clicked on the white Health Pass tile to add your vaccine card – NOT on the blue Digital Vaccine Card tile. Clicking on the blue tile will create an error. Finally, try switching your background - CLEAR will have an easier time scanning the card on a dark background that gives a clear contrast between the background and the card. If you are still having trouble, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
My Health Pass is red – can I still participate in person?
Please make sure you have correctly uploaded your CDC vaccine card and entered your vaccine information. If the pass is still red, you will be asked to provide physical proof (ie, a CDC vaccine card and ID) of your vaccination at a secondary screening point at Check-In when you arrive. If you are unable or unwilling to provide proof of vaccination, you will not be permitted to enter the event space.
I can’t use the CLEAR app – can I still participate in person?
Attendees are strongly encouraged to use the CLEAR app for a faster, smoother entry into the event. If you are not able to use the CLEAR app, you will be asked to provide physical proof (ie, a CDC vaccine card and ID) of your vaccination at a secondary screening point at Check-In when you arrive. If you are unable or unwilling to provide proof of vaccination, you will not be permitted to enter the event space.
I received my vaccine outside of the US – can I still participate in person?
International attendees will be asked to provide physical proof of your vaccination at a secondary screening point at Check-In when you arrive. If you are unable or unwilling to provide proof of vaccination, you will not be permitted to enter the event space.
How does CLEAR use my data?
I’m having trouble creating my CLEAR account – where can I get more information?
If you have any questions about enrolling in CLEAR, please reach out to email@example.com or tap “Get In Touch” in the app for assistance.